Request for Peer Evaluators - Urban Planning
Peer Review of Teaching is now a required component of the dossiers for all faculty personnel actions.
For Prof. X's tenure review it would be most helpful if you would share your observations of his/her teaching in a Peer Review statement for inclusion in the dossier. Our departmental guidelines on peer review of teaching state that the evaluation may include but is not limited to the following:
- discussions between the two faculty members of their mutual concerns about teaching
- review of syllabi and course materials
- observations of classroom teaching (Note: This quarter, Prof. X is teaching Course ____, which meets on ______ at _____ am/pm)
- review of written course evaluations
The statement should be in the form of a memo addressed to the Department Chair. The dossier for this action is due to the Dean’s office by ________ so you will need to complete your review by ______.
I have provided some links and attachments to help you in preparing the peer review.
- Guide to Documentation of Effective Teaching. See II ,Peer Evaluation.
- List of courses taught by Prof. X since his/her appointment (attached)
- Teaching evaluation summary chart (attached)
- Here are links to syllabi for courses taught by Prof. X during period under review:
Please let me know if there’s anything else I can provide you with to assist in preparing this review.